Osmoflo provides operations and maintenance services to over 90 plants and facilities around the globe. This has provided Osmoflo’s customers with the ability to meet their water management requirements and their related whole of business objectives on an ongoing basis. Regardless of whether Osmoflo or its client is the ultimate owner of the plant and associated assets, Osmoflo takes a whole of life asset management approach with all of its operational projects.
Asset Maintenance + Operation
Effective asset management commences with having clarity around the goals, objectives and desired service levels for a particular asset/plant.
This is then used to develop a comprehensive asset management approach that incorporates a preventative and corrective maintenance regime with appropriate ‘triggers’ for asset replacement in the medium to long term.
Osmoflo’s primary asset management tool is a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) which is used for life cycle maintenance planning, including preventative maintenance, asset replacement planning and recording of unscheduled repair, breakdowns, inspection and calibration data. It is also used to help prepare the list of critical and operational spares required to ensure that plant availability requirements are met throughout the operational life of the asset.
The benefits of Osmoflo operating your plant:
- Customised approach to suit your needs, internal capability and risk profile
- Optimised plant reliability and performance
- Minimised energy and chemical consumption
- Reduced brine discharge
- Optimised asset management with minimum whole of life cost
- Industry leading safety and environmental performance
- In-house process troubleshooting and reporting capability that is second to none
24 Hour Manned Control Centre
Osmoflo offers complete remote plant monitoring and control solutions via our 24/7 manned Operations Control Centres. These Control Centres utilise the SCADA component in our proprietary PlantConnect system, which assists in the monitoring of plants across the globe. Through our Control Centres we are able to provide our clients with immediate plant operation support and critical alarm response.
Osmoflo's Operations Control Centres have a high level of experience in plant operations, capable of monitoring many plants and facilities around the globe. Osmoflo's Control Centres provide virtually immediate response to plant faults which minimises any plant downtime and ensures water quality compliance, as well as preventing potential equipment damage.
PlantConnect is Osmoflo’s proprietary operations and maintenance system, acting as a platform for all our Operations and Maintenance activities and includes such functions as:
Improved Plant Performance
Achieving reduced operating costs ($/L) through reduced downtime, increased production, optimised plant operation, reduced chemical consumption, long term optimisation of membrane life.
Reduced labour costs by reducing site based labour requirements (i.e. Night shift).
Excellent support for site-based personnel
- 24/7 alarm response
- 24/7 remote assistance for site operators
- Troubleshooting and investigation
- Regular runtime assessment and tuning to ensure WTPs are running within design specification
Complete Remote Operation Capability
- Live SCADA operation
- Full History (data capture and storage)
- Reduced need for site-based Operators (reducing the plant operational costs)
- Able to view the plant physically with live cameras (this has helped greatly with diagnosis the past and prevented large scale spills, aided with onsite assistance, etc)
- Completely unique when comparing us to other water treatment companies who claim to have 24/7 monitoring. Osmoflo Control Centre is a 24/7 rostered department with qualified and experienced engineers ready to assist.
Optional High-Level Client Reporting
- Clients can opt to receive Event Reports to be notified of CC’s full action and diagnostics.
- Regular interval plant performance reports.
- Osmoflo Control Centre is open and transparent by giving the client the option to constantly overlook Control Centre operations via OsmoView app.
PLC Programming capabilities
- Reduced downtime by quickly investigating and correcting PLC faults/code bugs
- Improved site operation, by troubleshooting/optimising plant control logic
- Vastly reduced downtime in the event of PLC code failure
Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Integration
- Raising and logging unscheduled repairs
- ISO55001 compliant
Optional Machine Learning
- Improved operational efficiency with artificial intelligence monitoring live data where operational changes are made accordingly.
- Lower power use
- Increased production
- Decreased chemical consumption
- Decreased downtime
Short term and long term plant performance is closely monitored via the PlantConnect system with trending capabilities. Any performance issues can be easily identified and quickly rectified. The system can generate month reports based on plant performance and predetermined KPI’s.
Find out more about our O&M capabilities in Osmoflo's Operations and Maintenance brochure.
OsmoView Smartphone App
Osmoflo has developed the 'OsmoView' smartphone app to provide customers with an innovative and convenient new way to access critical alerts and operational data for their water treatment plants.
Parts and Consumables
Osmoflo stock an extensive range of spare parts, consumables and instruments that support various water treatment systems. These include the full range of cleaning, antiscalant, disinfection and pH correction chemicals, cartridge filters, filter housings, membranes and vessels, as well as high quality instruments and analysers.
Conumables and spare parts are normally retained securely at the plant site, or warehoused in the respective Osmoflo regional office. Osmoflo also enjoys exceptional long term relationships with our key suppliers and equipment vendors, many of whom retain critical inventory stock on our behalf; this allows us to pass on savings and lead time benefits for critical spares and equipment to our clients.
Site Water Management
Osmoflo are experts when it comes to site water management. By managing the commercial and technical implications of the water quality and quantity Osmoflo ensures cost-effective treatment of water to site.
This allows the client to focus on their core business, while Osmoflo provides the water supply:
- Osmoflo designs and supplies the equipment needed to achieve the quality and capacity specified.
- Osmoflo manages installation of plant at the customer’s site
- Osmoflo manages the operation & maintenance of the equipment to ensure reliable performance against the objectives
- Water is charged on a per-kL basis